Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekly Summary: May 15 - 22

5/15 - 4.68 miles,  600-700' vertical. 1:03.15.  Ran some trails on Howelsen Hill with Katy and Benihana, including a cool "back door" trail we've never run up to Orton Meadows.  It was a nice, sunny day but, as expected, the trails were rather wet in a lot of places.  We continued over to the southeast side of Howely and ran some of the cross country ski trails and a little single track where the trails were a little drier.

3.82 miles, 150' vertical.  34:47.   Afterwards, I went back out and did a few more miles, first through Whistler Park and then over through Priest Creek subdivision and out to Hwy 40.  Medium hard effort. 

5/16 - Rested

5/17 - Rested

5/18 - Ran about 2 miles with Benihana and picked up Marvin in Whistler Park.  Took a break for a little while and hung out with BA when I brought Marvin back to his house. 

5.93 miles, ~150' vertical, 53:59.  Then, I ran over to the park next to the fire station and ran 4x1 mile repeats.  Working the inclines on the first and third miles and running a little easier (still at a good tempo, though) on miles two and four.  About 8 miles total at a solid training effort.

5/19 -  Plantar fasciitis in my left foot was really hurting in the morning.  Rested the sore foot and a nagging cough that has been with me all week even though I really felt good after work and wanted to go for a run. 

5/20 - 7.01 miles,  1100'+ vertical, 1:01.  This run started out as work and slowly evolved into a good, solid run as I climbed up to 7711' in elevation in the first 4 miles, followed by an equal descent in the last three.  I managed to catch a nice window of no rain for my after work run.  Five minutes after I got home, it was raining sideways.

5/21 - Rested

5/22 - 5.49 miles, 500-750' vertical, 1:09.48. .6 mile cool down, 06:52.   Ran Spring Creek with Benny after getting shut down at Howelsen due to muddy conditions.  Fun, relaxing trail run with a few good-sized hills thrown in for effort.  A few people out on the trails today, taking advantage of a lapse in rain.  Ran just past the second bridge and the trail was too wet and muddy to venture any further with the dog.  He stayed surprisingly clean during this run but probably only because we turned around at this point.  We did a "Y" route and turned right at the trail intersection at did a short 200+' out and back before running back out Spring Creek. 

Weekly totals:  29 miles,  2500'+ vertical feet

My feet have been bothering me more than usual.  Particularly, the plantar fasciitis pain I've been feeling in the mornings.  Tendonitis in my right heel is very tender and has been more noticable while I'm running.  As a result, I've kept my mileage rather modest this week, instead of bumping it up into the 40s as I had originally hoped to be doing.  Basically, I've been cutting one long run of 10 -12 miles out of my weekly schedule.   I'm trying to get my bike dialed in so that I can ride it and cross train.  I need to stay off of my feet when I can.  I think I will try substituting my long run with a long bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment