Sunday, April 11, 2010

part deux

Couldn't contain myself and sealed the deal with the afternoon 6 miler. As I walked Benny yesterday, I couldn't help but think it would be fun to run up the same long winding hill. So that's what I did. Home to Meadow Ln. to Bear Drive to Apres Ski Way, up and back down Laurel Ln., right turn on Ski Trail Ln. and back onto Apres Ski to loop back home. :56.51, 9:29/mile.

The most notable thing was the lack of people, anywhere. I ran by million dollar home after million dollar home, each vacant and most with a For Sale sign in the yard. I'm so glad these pretentious assholes tore up this once lovely hillside and elk and deer habitat, to put in a road and mega homes and NOBODY lives in them. American excess at it's finest.

Anyway, the views were great and I could see a big crowd at the free concert at the base of the ski area. Looked cool. My winding road run took me up and down several major hills so I got in a few good climbs and some fun downhill running. Now, my legs are a little tender! Total miles for the day: 13.3, 2 hours 14 minutes of running. Rewardingly soaked in the hot tub for a few minutes after getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment