Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekly Summary: Apr. 9 - Apr. 15

4/9 - Rest.

4/10 - 6.84 miles.  :56:29.  Stagecoach.  PM.  Little after-work rally. 

4/11 - 4.96 miles.  :45:32.  Stagecoach.  PM. 

4/12 - Rest.

4/13 - Rest.

4/14 - 11.18 miles.  1:37:01.  Stagecoach.  AM.   Colder and cloudy morning after a little snow last night.  Ran down to the south shore of the reservoir before jumping on Elk Run Trail.  Then, ran out to CR 14, got a little hill workout and turned around and worked my way back home.   Did some pretty uptempo running at times but cut back on the distance so that I might go a little farther tomorrow when the trails finally open up.  Running is sometimes my chance to be alone and introspective and think about what's important to me and the things in my life that deserve contemplation.  Lately, things have been getting interesting and today, I needed to run more for mental health than physical.  While I ran this morning, I couldn't help but wonder if I was a runner because I want to run from the demons of my past.  Certainly, when I'm on the trail or road, I feel like I'm putting my problems behind me, but, in truth, I'm only putting them off.   Hopefully, the time I use to sort them out translates into action. 

4/15 -  11+ miles.  1:47:11.  1000'+.  Spring Creek Trail.  PM.  Four minutes warming up on the way to the trail head then a steady effort to within a mile of Dry Lake.  Then, quick 4.9 mile effort back down to the trail head and easy again for a .7 mile cool down.  Super glad to be running on single track again and Spring Creek is some of the best.  I got to experience all four seasons in under two hours as I started out in some cool, semi-cloudy weather and ran through a couple of snow squalls and finished in the sun.  The trail was in perfect shape.  Tacky dirt and rocks, mostly, a little mud and a few puddles and two short snow sections between the last couple bridges.  I love running in the mountains. 

Total: 34 miles.

Well, I blew it this week...sort of.  For over a month now, I've been planning on going to Fruita this weekend to run a 25 mile race, only to find out on Thursday that the race is actually NEXT week.  What a bonehead!  Anyway, I turned this week into a tapering week, took a little more rest and reduced my mileage so that I might run a little harder next weekend instead of just doing a training run.  Then, it's another easy week followed by a 3-week build up culminating at the Quad Rock 50 in Ft. Collins.

No comments:

Post a Comment